Saturday 15 February 2014

Continuation....

Saturday 15th February 2014


Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day and those of you in the UK are keeping safe in the storms. It has been extremely windy here on the seafront in Brighton.. I popped down to have a look at the devastation this afternoon - it truly was devastating. I feel so sad that the West Pier is starting to fall from the battering wind and waves. The structure has almost become iconic to me and a big part of Brighton and my life.. the fact that parts are disappearing could be a sign? I sign for me to move on (for the time being) - basically, I want to go travelling, so this could be telling me its time! 

Along with it all happening here, my home town, Worcester has been under water all week and seeing images of floods worse than I've ever seen, it's heartbreaking to see so much damage and loss to so many people. 

As I'm sure all of you are, I want the weather to improve, I want to go out for walks and jogs, get that freedom back that has been lost to the 70mph winds...

Anyway, thought I'd share those thoughts with you all - how are you all coping? Hope no one has been suffering too much and managing to live relatively normal lives.

It's a bit grainy (zoom on phone camera) but this is the west pier as it was today... about a week ago, those two big gaps in the bottom section weren't there.... 



Once we have our results from the BAPP course, I hope to continue my blog  for my own bits and bobs. I take (too many) photos and would love to share them on here if I find anything particularly interesting or when I go travelling it would be great to keep you all up to date with what I'm up to! 
I think I will archive all of my BAPP posts as they won't be linked to my new blog style but will still be there and accessible! 

Hope everyone is well, I still feel as though I should be sat down working on my inquiry! Enjoy the time.. not too long 'til the first of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment